When eating or dining out, follow these simple rules to help stay on track:
- Select a meal that corresponds with your carb cycle plan (Breakfast, High Carb, Low Carb, or Reward)
- Split the entrée with your partner OR let the waiter know you would like a to-go box. When the food arrives, cut it in half and place half in the box. To be more discreet, simply cut the entrée in half upon delivery to as a tactic to remind yourself to save the other half for later (and not to eat it now!)
- Choose foods that have been grilled, baked, steamed or poached. Avoid all fried, breaded, sautéed, smothered or au gratin foods.
- Request your toppings, dressings, sauces and other flavors on the side. This will help you control the extra fats, sodium and calories you eat.
- Feel free to make requests! Nowadays, nearly every restaurant is sensitive to special dietary needs and welcome changes to the meals.